How to Eat Smarter with Shawn Stevenson
In this episode of the Mind Gut Conversation, Dr. Mayer talks with Shawn Stevenson, the author of the USA Today National bestseller Eat Smarter and the international bestselling book, Sleep Smarter. Shawn is also the creator of The Model Health Show, featured as the number #1 health podcast in the U.S. with millions of listener downloads each year.
They cover several topics, around a healthy diet, healthy lifestyles and the influence of social disparities on health. During this interview, we address several questions including:
- The most important steps in his transformation from growing up with his grandparents in St. Louis to becoming a nutrition expert, #1 podcast host and bestselling author of two very important books.
- How his early life experiences stimulated his interest in science about food.
- Why does he call himself a “nutritionist who no longer believes in food in the conventional sense”?
- What is wrong with the common assumption that food is primarily fuel?
- How do you become a master of fat loss?
- Why does eating with others have profound benefits on overall health?
And much more.