Women’s Health and Our Medical System with Dr. Aviva Romm
In this latest edition of the MGC podcast, I talk to Dr. Aviva Romm. Physician, midwife, herbalist, and prolific author. Dr Romm has published 7 books, and offers online courses for both healthcare professionals and patients on a variety of topics, including functional and integrative medicine, gut health and herbal medicine.
In this podcast, I talk to her about her unique career path, the main lessons from her latest book Hormone Intelligence and about her emphasis on women’s health. Here are just some of the topics we address:
- Her remarkable career path from midwife, herbalist, physician, and bestselling author.
- Why a better understanding of hormonal imbalances is essential for more effective treatments for women’s health problems.
- How she incorporates the influences of the external and internal ecosystems on the body and mind in her treatments.
- How the traditional medical system ignores some of the most important aspects of women’s health.
- In which way she sees health and medicine in a different way than a lot of doctors.
- What role the gut microbiome plays in the regulation of estrogen levels in our body.