The Future of Probiotics with Colleen Cutcliffe, PhD
In this episode, I talk with Colleen Cutcliffe, PhD, CEO and Co-Founder of Pendulum Therapeutics, a microbiome solutions company based in San Francisco, CA. Pendulum has developed two live microbial therapies, Pendulum Glucose Control for the management of type II diabetes, and Pendulum Akkermansia for the support of gut health.
Dr. Cutcliffe has over 20 years of experience leading and managing biology teams in academia, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology. She received her Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Johns Hopkins University, and her B.A. in Biochemistry from Wellesley College.
In our conversation we discuss a number of questions related to live microbial therapies and next generation probiotics, including the following:
- How did Pendulum get into the business of live microbial therapies?
- How effective is this Pendulum Glucose Control for the treatment of type II diabetes, and what is the evidence?
- For which patients is Glucose control indicated?
- What is the evidence for the effectiveness of Pendulum Akkermansia for gut health?
- How do you assess gut health?
- How do you see the future of next generation probiotics in the treatment of chronic medical disorders?
If you’d like to learn more about Pendulum’s products, you can use my affiliate link here & if you buy a membership, you can take 20% off with code: EMERAN.